This site uses cookies, continued use of this website indicates that you're happy to accept cookies. Click Here to view our Privacy & Cookie Policy

+44 (0)7793 546579
jim@britishempiremilitaria.com

HOME PAGECONTACT USTERMSON-LINE SHOPVIEW BASKET


click for more images

WW2 MAKERS MARKED SILVER "LATE ARRIVALS CLUB" WINGED BOOT BADGE
A fine scarce heavy solid silver hallmarked Egyptian made badge. With brooch fixing and mark to reverse.

Cairo marked and with Cat with height tail.
Egyptian Cat National Silver mark with the upright tail in the centre is very clear. This was replaced by a lotus flower in 1946.

The left hand mark would give you the assay office and the quality of the silver used but is not clear the right hand mark is the date letter which is an Arabic numeral Roman letters stopped being used in Egypt in 1940 which again validates them as post 1940 as the last letter is definitely not a recognisable A B C etc it is Arabic.

Code: 53776Price:


click for more images

WW2 OFFICERS CZECHOSLOVAKIAN AIRFORCE PILOTS BADGE
An excellent solid silver Czechoslovakian Airforce pilots badge, by Spink & Son ltd London to revers. 50mm. With brooch fixing and chain clip.
Reference https://fcafa.com/2014/09/18/a-short-history-of-the-czechoslovak-air-force-in-ww2-and-the-post-war-period/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czechoslovak_Air_Force

During Second World War 1939–45
Fighter ace Josef František served in the Czechoslovak, Polish, French and UK air forces

Czechoslovak pilots who joined the Polish Air Force went into action in September 1939 when Germany invaded Poland. Many fought with distinction and 55 were decorated. Josef František was among those awarded Poland's highest military decoration, the Virtuti Militari. After the USSR joined the invasion of Poland its forces captures some Czechoslovak airmen. Others escaped as Poland fell, first reaching Romania and then going via the Balkans and Syria or Lebanon to join their compatriots who had already reached France.

At first France insisted that all Czechoslovak airmen join the Foreign Legion. Only after France had declared war on Germany did it agree with the Czechoslovak National Committee in Paris to let the men transfer to the French Air Force and restore their ranks. They needed to be re-trained to fly French aircraft, but some completed their training in time to fight in the Battle of France in May and June 1940. Of these, seven were awarded France's highest military decoration, the Légion d'honneur, and five received the Médaille militaire. 70 Czechoslovak airmen, including Josef František and Karel Kuttelwascher, were awarded the Croix de Guerre.

Code: 53771Price: 400.00 GBP


click for more images

WW1 BRITISH ROYAL FLYING CORPS OFFICERS BRONZE PILOTS WING
A very scarce 1913 J&Co bronze full size pilots wing, with brooch fixing to reverse.

This scarce full size example was die struck in bronze with a hollow back. It has a round metal 'C' catch for the horizontal pin and is hallmarked 'J&Co'. It was manufactured by Joseph Jennens & Co., London, a prestigious maker of high quality Royal military officers' cap-plates, breast-plates, badges and buttons. The company was founded in the early years of the 19th century and changed its name to Jennens & Company, Ltd. in 1913. In 1924 the firm was purchased by J. R. Gaunt & Son who continued to market their products for several years as 'J. R. Gaunt & Son, late Jennens' to emphasize the quality, such was the reputation of Jennens.

Reference http://www.ww2wings.com/wings/wwi/britain/britain.shtml

1913 Royal Flying Corps metal pilot wings - The original metal Royal Flying Corps (RFC) pilot badge was designed by senior officers General Sir Frederick Hugh Sykes and General Sir David Y. Henderson. It was authorized by Kind George V on February 1, 1913 under Army Order 49/13. The metal badges were phased out in favor of fabric wings in February 1914.

Code: 53772Price: On Request


click for more images

WW1 AUSTRALIAN FLYING CORPS [AFC] WING
A scarce WW1 woven Australian Flying Corps Pilot's Brevet.

The Australian Flying Corps (AFC) was the branch of the Australian Army responsible for operating aircraft during World War I, and the forerunner of the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF). The AFC was established in 1912, though it was not until 1914 that it began flight training.

AFC units were formed for service overseas with the Australian Imperial Force (AIF) during World War I. They operated initially in the Mesopotamian Campaign. The AFC later saw action in Palestine and France. A training wing was established in the United Kingdom. The corps remained part of the Australian Army until it was disbanded in 1919, after which it was temporarily replaced by the Australian Air Corps. In 1921, that formation was re-established as the independent RAAF.

Reference
http://www.ww2wings.com/wings/wwi/australia/australia.shtml
https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205315172

Code: 53742Price: 600.00 GBP


click for more images

WW2 ROYAL AIR FORCE [RAF] C TYPE LEATHER FLYING HELMET & MK VII GOGGLES PLUS
WW2 RAF C Type leather flying helmet. 1st pattern with external wiring loom. Complete with head sets. Wartime pattern jack plug. Plus Oxygen mask, Type G but in relic condition and a pair of Mk VII Goggles. Faintly named inside, but not clearly descernible to me [Lt something]. All items in good condition if otherwise stated.
Reference http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/30015744

Code: 53221Price:


click for more images

ROYAL AIR FORCE DENTAL BRANCH WINGS COLLAR BADGE
A fine gilded brass RAF Royal Air Force "DB" Dental Branch Wings Collar Badge.

Code: 53165Price:


click for more images

ROYAL NAVAL AIR SERVICE "RNAS" ARMOURED CAR SQUADRON BADGE
WWI Royal Naval Air Service RNAS Armoured Car Squadron bronze badge, with two loops to reverse.

The Royal Naval Air Service (RNAS) was the air arm of the Royal Navy, under the direction of the Admiralty's Air Department, and existed formally from 1 July 1914 to 1 April 1918, when it was merged with the British Army's Royal Flying Corps to form a new service, the Royal Air Force, the first of its kind in the world.

1914 the Section had become the Royal Naval Armoured Car Division (RNACD) eventually expanding to 20 squadrons. As trench warfare developed, the armoured cars could no longer operate on the Western Front and were redeployed to other theatres including the Middle East, Romania and Russia. In the summer of 1915 the RNACD was disbanded and the army took over control of armoured cars, with the units soon coming under the command of the Motor Branch of the Machine Gun Corps.

However RNAS experience of the Western Front would not be lost, No. 20 Squadron RNAS was retained under Naval control to further develop armoured vehicles for land battle, these personnel later becoming the nucleus of the team working under the Landships Committee that developed the first tanks.

Code: 52954Price: 120.00 GBP


click for more images

RAF ROYAL AIR FORCE TRANSPORT COMMAND CAP BADGE
WW2 RAF Transport Command Cap Badge A good scarce 1943-45 Silver & enamel example by Scully of Montreal. Two screw posts to reverse, complete with silver marked retaining nuts.
Ref Hobart Badges & Uniforms of the RAF p107 for text

Code: 52749Price: 250.00 GBP


click for more images

ROYAL AIR FORCE BOMB DISPOSAL ARM BADGE
Scarce embroidered light blue on black sleeve badge worn by qualified Bomb Disposal operatives. An aerial bomb flanked by the letters "BD" within a laurel wreath.

Code: 52489Price: 45.00 GBP


click for more images

RAF ROYAL AIR FORCE AIR SEA RESCUE FORMATION SIGN
A fine woven formation sign. Worn on the right sleeve. Introduced in 1943 and abolished in 1948.

Code: 52471Price:

Website designed & maintained by Concept500