indicates that you're happy to accept cookies.
Click Here to view our Privacy
+44 (0)7793 email@example.com
ROYAL CANADIAN MOUNTED POLICE CAP BADGEA fine mint ER11 cap badge, enamel with two loops to reverse.
Code: 53602Price: 35.00 GBP
WW2 2nd BATTALION ROYAL 22e REGIMENT CANADA CANADIAN CLOTH SHOULDER TITLEA scarce ww2 2 Royal 22e Regiment Canada Canadian Cloth Shoulder, with lots of paper residue to reverse.
In the Second World War, the regiment was part of the 3rd Canadian Infantry Brigade and the 1st Canadian Infantry Division and was involved in intense combat in Italy, (where Captain Paul Triquet earned the Victoria Cross) and later in the Netherlands and northwest Germany.
Code: 53370Price: 30.00 GBP
ROYAL CANADIAN AIR FORCE WW2 CAP BADGEA fine gilding metal example, with two loops to reverse.
Code: 51627Price: 22.00 GBP
CANADIAN TORONTO SCOTTISH WW2 GLENGARRY BADGEA good post 1923 die stamped white metal example, with two loops to the reverse. Reference D Mazeas M166.
Code: 51616Price: 24.00 GBP
CANADA GENERAL SERVICE WW1 CAP BADGEA fine uncleaned brass example,with two loops to reverse.
CANADIAN WW2 ROYAL HAMILTON LIGHT INFANTRY [WENTWORTH REGIMENT] CAP BADGEA fine bi metal Kings Crown post 1939 cap badge, with two loops and blow holes to reverse.
Originally started in Ontario on 11 December 1862 as the 13th Battalion Volunteer Militia (Infantry), Canada.
The Royal Hamilton Light Infantry on 15 March 1927. On 15 December 1936, it amalgamated with the headquarters and three companies of the Wentworth Regiment and was redesignated as the Royal Hamilton Light Infantry (Wentworth Regiment). It was redesignated as the 2nd (Reserve) Battalion, the Royal Hamilton Light Infantry (Wentworth Regiment) on 7 November 1940 and as the Royal Hamilton Light Infantry (Wentworth Regiment) on 31 December 1945.
CANADIAN WW2 LE REGIMENT DE MAISONNEUVE CAP BADGE.A fine bi metal WW2 cap badge, with two loops to reverse.
The regiment mobilized Le Régiment de Maisonneuve, CASF, on 1 September 1939. It embarked for Great Britain on 24 August 1940. It was redesignated as the 1st Battalion, Le Régiment de Maisonneuve, CASF, on 7 November 1940. 17 On 7 July 1944, the battalion landed in France as part of the 5th Infantry Brigade, 2nd Canadian Infantry Division. It suffered heavy casualties in the Battle of the Scheldt, and was notably depleted by the time of the Battle of Walcheren Causeway. The unit recovered during the winter and was again in action during the Rhineland fighting and the final weeks of the war, taking part in the final campaigns in northern Netherlands, the Battle of Groningen, and the final attacks on German soil. The overseas battalion was disbanded on 15 December 1945.
CANADIAN FIRST HUSSARS WW2 CAP BADGEA fine scarce gilding metal cap badge, with two replacement loop fixings to reverse.
The Canadian Armoured Corps (CAC) was raised in August 1940 and the 1st Hussars found themselves organised within it. In spring of 1941, 1st Hussars, now the 6th Canadian Armoured Regiment (1st Hussars) (6 CAR), became part of the 1st Canadian Armoured Brigade, which departed to England in October 1941. The regiment took up residence in Aldershot where they continued their training. In early 1942, 6 CAR received some M3 Lee tanks and Canadian Ram Mk. Is and IIs. The Hussars remained a part of 1 CAB until January 1943, when they were reorganised into the 3rd Canadian Army Tank Brigade along with The Fort Garry Horse and the Sherbrooke Fusilier Regiment. In July 1943, 3 CATB was re-designated the 2nd Canadian Armoured Brigade (2CAB), a designation which remained until the end of the war.
6 CAR continued training in the village of Elstead in southern England before moving to Combined Operations Training Centre in Inverary, Scotland where they prepared for an Amphibious assault. In December 1943, the First Hussars were introduced to "Duplex Drive" (DD for short) tanks. Initially the regiment was trained on the Valentine DD, until it was re-equipped with the M4A4 Sherman DD and Sherman Vc "Firefly" in April 1944.
D-Day and Normandy
The DD tanks of the 1st Hussars were amongst the allied forces to come ashore in Normandy. The Hussars were to support the infantry landing on the western half of Juno Beach.
At 07:15, 19 tanks of 'B' Squadron launched their Sherman V DDs from their landing-craft into the English Channel some 4000 meters from shore of Nan Green Beach. Of 'B' Squadron's 19 tanks, 15 made it to shore ahead of the Regina Rifles, whom they were tasked to support.
Code: 52848Price: 30.00 GBP
DUFFERIN RIFLES OF CANADA CAP BADGE [BUCKLE TYPE]A fine scarce WW2 bronzed type cap badge, with slider to reverse.
Code: 52849Price: 50.00 GBP
CANADIAN CEF 253rd QUEENS UNIVERSITY OVERSEAS HIGHLAND BATTALION CAP BADGEA scarce gilding metal cap badge, with two loop fixings to reverse.
The 253rd (University Highland) Battalion, CEF was a unit in the Canadian Expeditionary Force during the First World War. Based in Kingston, Ontario, the unit began recruiting in mid-autumn of 1916, primarily among university students from throughout Canada. After sailing to England in May 1917, the unit was absorbed by the 5th Reserve Battalion, CEF later that month. The 253rd (University Highland) Battalion, CEF had one Officer Commanding: Lieut-Col. P. G. C. Campbell. Disbanded in 1920
As part of the Princess of Wales Regt during the outbreak of World War I in 1914, resulted in a response by members of the regiment that was quite remarkable. Very quickly a contingent of 80 men was formed under Captain George T. Richardson, (for whom George Richardson Stadium in Kingston is named—he became the PWOR’s first officer fatality) and sent to the 2nd (Eastern Ontario Regiment) Battalion Canadian Expeditionary Force (CEF), of the 1st Canadian Division, which was part of Canada’s First Contingent. At the same time, the 21st Battalion, CEF was formed in Kingston, under the Commanding Officer of the PWOR, Lieutenant-Colonel St Pierre Hughes. The PWOR also contributed officers and men to the 59th, 146th, and 253rd Battalions, CEF.
Somme, 1916, '18
Arras, 1917, '18
Canal du Nord
Pursuit to Mons
France and Flanders, 1915–18
Code: 52765Price: 175.00 GBP
& maintained by Concept500