click for more images
A fine cast Kings Crown Indian headdress badge, with two loop fixings to reverse. 42mm high
A fine Kings Crown headdress badge, with two loops to reverse. Formed in 1922.
A good die cast native brass example. Two loops to the reverse. Formed at Lahore in April 1941, Disbanded 1944. 42mm high
A fine cast brass cap badge. 31mm height x 25 mm wide. With two loops to reverse.
A fine short lived South Africa Tank Corps WW2 beret badge circa 1941-43.
Good scarce die-stamped white metal laurel sprays surmounted by antelope head disc; voided centre with tank and “ONS IS” scroll Loops VGC
September 1941 - March 1943
A fine w/metal two peice cap badge, with backing plate and fixings.
A fine all brass slouch hat badge, with two loop fixings to reverse.
The Natal Light Horse was an irregular regiment of the South African Armed Forces formed by Colonel John Robinson Royston in August 1914 during the First World War after petitioning General Jan Smuts for special permission to do so. Opening recruiting officers in Pietermaritzburg and Durban a full roster of six hundred men was recruited within ten days. All of those enlisted had seen previous military service and included quite a number of Australians who had served under Royston during the Second Boer War and had opted to remain in South Africa at the end of that conflict.
A fine WW2 cast w/metal cap badge, withslider to reverse.
A fine w/metal cap badge, with two loops to reverse.
The 7th Gurkha Rifles was a rifle regiment of the British Indian Army comprising Gurkha soldiers of Nepalese origin, before being transferred to the British Army, following India's independence in 1947 and after 1959 designated as the 7th Duke of Edinburgh's Own Gurkha Rifles
A fine one piece w/metal cap badge with two loops fixings to reverse.
The Regiment's battalions saw active overseas actions in Iraq, Egypt, Libya, Tobruk, El Alamein and Burma during World War II where the Regiment earned its fourth VC and twenty-two battle honours. Lachhiman Gurung was awarded the VC during the Burmese Campaign. In January 1943 the 2nd Battalion was attached to the 3rd Indian Motor Brigade which had just returned from the Western Desert after having been almost destroyed at the Battle of Gazala. At the end of the month the brigade was renamed as the 43rd Indian Infantry Brigade. The brigade and its Gurkha battalions were sent to Italy in mid 1944 as an Independent brigade.
website designed and maintained by Concept500