click for more images
A fine scarce Indian Cavalry cloth shoulder title. Red on yellow.
known as the 6th Duke of Connaught's Own Lancers (Watson's Horse), and was a regular cavalry regiment in the British Indian Army. It was formed in 1921 by amalgamation of the 13th Duke of Connaught's Lancers (Watson's Horse) and the 16th Cavalry. The regiment and its predecessors have seen active service on the North West Frontier, in Egypt during 1882, in China during the Boxer Rebellion, the two World Wars and the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965. On the Partition of India in 1947, the regiment was allotted to the Pakistan Army.
A fine bullion Officers curved shoulder title.
The 7th Light Cavalry previously the 28th Light Cavalry, was a regular army cavalry regiment in the British Indian Army. It was raised in 1784 under the East India Company. The regiment later saw service on the North West Frontier and in World War I and World War II. In 1947, it was allocated to the new Indian Army.
At the start of the Second World War the regiment was stationed in Bolarum as part of the 4th (Secunderabad) Cavalry Brigade. The 7th Light Cavalry were brigaded with the:
Prince Albert Victor's Own Cavalry
3rd Field Regiment, Royal Artillery
4th Cavalry Brigade Signal Troop.
The last mounted parade of the 7th Light Cavalry took place in 1940. However even by early 1941 the only mechanical transport provided for the now dismounted regiment was an Austin car for the commandant and a few motorbikes for dispatch riders. Vehicles trickled in and finally a full complement of 52 Stuart tanks was received by April 1943.
The regiment was then attached to the 254th Indian Tank Brigade, in November 1941.
The brigade came under the command of Brigadier Reginald Scoones. When it was moved to Imphal in November and December 1943 the 254th Indian Tank Brigade consisted of the following major units:
7th Light Cavalry
3rd Btn 4th Bombay Grenadiers
The brigade served with the 5th Indian Division and the 7th Indian Infantry Divisions in Burma. It participated in the Battle of Imphal, Battle of Kyaukmyaung Bridgehead, Battle of Meiktila, and Operation Dracula (Rangoon Road).
In June 1945 the 7th Light Cavalry sailed from Rangoon to Madras and by July was stationed at Ahmednagar.
In August 1945 it was selected to form part of the British Indian Division (BRINDIV) This division served with the British Commonwealth Occupation Forces (BCOF) as part of the Allied Occupation Forces in Japan. The move to Japan occurred during March/April 1946. The regiment returned to India in August 1947.
A fine printed shoulder title, with heavy glue / paper residue to reverse. Reference Jon Mills BoBD 1762.
A fine printed shoulder title. Reference Jon Mills BoBD 2949
White on black, with no moth or damage. Unissued condition. Jon Mills BoBD 2043
No. 9 Commando was a battalion-sized British Commando unit raised by the British Army during the Second World War. It took part in raids across the English Channel and in the Mediterranean, ending the war in Italy as part of the 2nd Special Service Brigade. Like all Army commando units it was disbanded in 1946.
A fine woven two part shoulder title.
A fine woven green on red shoulder title.
A fine woven example
A fine woven WW2 shoulder title.
Embroidered dark blue on light blue cloth, although light blue has faded.
Some glue residue to reverse.
Issued between 1942 - 1944. Scarce
A fine woven shoulder title. Yellow on purple.
Reference Jon Mills BoBD vol 2 item 4197 page 867
website designed and maintained by Concept500